September 30, 2008

No C Notes??

So I'm finally back at work after the long hectic weekend. I needed just a day to recoup.. chile my back, legs and arms were all sore.. I never knew that tailgating was so much physical work! I have a new found appreciation for all those folks who let me crash their tailgate with beer in hand as a peace offering! I will never ever ever again try and cook and feed 20-30 mofo's AGAIN! I had a great weekend with alot of pitfalls, unexpected results, and alot of hard work. I managed to burn my arm on the grill Sunday, lose my cell phone during the game, and get the worst migraine in migraine history!

My gripe today has to deal with the Raider organization and the fact they don't have their stuff together.. and I'm not just speaking for the on the field shenanigans of losing the game.. Here's my dilemma...

I had all week to go by the coliseum to purchase my tickets.. I mean the same road I travel to and from work, I pass by it twice a day.. naw but that would have been too much like right. So day of the game I'm in line trying to purchase tickets. Now I think I'm being pretty smart by carrying cash and leaving my credit cards at the tailgate area. I've got a $100 bill and some $20's so I figure I should be able to purchase two tickets easy right?? No ma'am.. the Raiders want me to jump through hoops and do somersaults before I can enter the gates. So as I walk up to the counter I ask the lady behind the 3 inch thick Plexiglas how much the cheapest tickets for today's game are. She tells me $71 a piece.. okay well I'm a fan.. I'm already late.. so yeah I'll take em. As I reach in my pocket and pull out my money she reminds me very kindly that she doesn't accept bills over $20

WHAAAT?? I have a choice - go back to the tailgate and retrieve my credit cards or find change.. Now where in the hell am I going to find change for a hunnered? I ask a few attendants where I can get change and they point me in the direction of the Raider store, but when I get there it's blocked off by a gate so now I have to yell through the gate to ask the guy behind the counter for change... dayum he don't have none (liar.. I see your cash drawer) so a kind Raider fan in line comes to my rescue and gives me change for the bill. Now I make a mad dash back to the line which has now grown exponentially due to fans of the A's (ARE YOU FRIGGING SERIOUS?? You pick today of all days to come get tickets for a game that ain't even going on today...) but they have a credit card and the first card gets declined. So the fan pulls out another card and that is declined as well, but by this time the fan knows this one has money on it for sure so instead offers to pay cash (wrong move buddy) and gets the same answer I do.. so now I'm back in front of the lady who sent me on a wild goose chase in the first place and now the tickets have gone from $71 to $81 a piece...


Let's just say next time I'm buying my tickets in advance and I'm bringing them mofo's all $1's... count that bish!

7 comments:

A. Red said...

LMFAO! I know you wanted to punch that heifer through the plexiglass. Don't bring just $1 bills, bring a good $35 in change for dat ass. LOL

Anonymous said...

I agree with a.red bring a good chunk of change.

Raider_wifee said...

Now ya'll know a sista got a bad back.. carrying all that change will NOT be cute! LOL.. did I mention I was gonna cut the ones in half and bring tape for that bish? (A. Red - that hoe gonna get "treated" next time!!)

TERENCE said...

LMBAO!!! I also can see you grabbing her behind that glass and goin` a-wall all up and down that ass. Rat a tat tat and split her wig. It would be sweet justice if you could bring a chunk of change; all in pennies I might add. LOL

P.S. I`m sure it`s not much consulation but The Raiders could just as easily be 4-0. They`ve let a couple of games get away, just like Sunday, that they could`ve have easily won. They`ve been in every game but just can`t seem to close the deal. Anyway, I`m sure that`s not much consulation. Afterall, it`s about wins and losses.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Man the price you pay for LOVING a team. That sounds like a scene out of a movie. LORD!

Oh yeah now you got me wanting to tailgate after reading your other posts.

Since I'm in Boston I keep wanting to just take the train out to the game and se what they doing. These fans are real serious and real drunk! I want to see how the other half lives. *lol*

Back home in the H, we ain't got that kinda fan loyalty, but we DO HAVE great tailgating weather. Let me call my crew up and see what it do for a Texan game.

-OG

ODARA said...

LMFAO @ you bringing all $1 bills...LOL...I would fold each of those mofos in half too...hhahaahah

Girl...now that's some old BS...but they love taking folks through the 3rd degree...(SMH)

and LOL @ Terence...you remember that scene on Martin when Gina grabed that dude behind the glass by his tie & made his nose bleed....hahahahah

TERENCE said...

@Odara: Yes I dew remember that scene. Dude insulted her and she proceeded to grab his ass. Hilarious scene!!!