September 15, 2008

Common Sense Ain't Common *Part Deux*

Okay so as most of the world is going through drama regarding their homes and this morning I see that not only Fannie Mae and crew, but now alot of other home lenders (Lehman, AIG and Merrill Lynch) are going under it's no wonder our economy is in the trouble it is. Alot of average home owners are losing their property and I thought I would be one of the ones who would not be scathed by this dibacle as a renter.. but alas I've also been caught up. It came to my attention about three weeks ago that our duplex would be sold as of September 10th (and it was kind of hard not to notice a sign taped to our gate) so I was outraged when I found out that my landlord had not only defaulted on his loan, but had not made a single solitary payment since April of 2007. So I contacted him that day when I got the notice, his response to me was to wait and find out who the new owners would be and they had no right to make me move. He also stated the obvious - I wouldn't have to pay rent for September.. uh... duh!! Why would I continue paying my rent if you no longer own the property?

Well needless to say this was pretty much self-explanatory to me... but Lawd if I tell you it's not for everybody. The new owners took over right away last week and scheduled an appointment for me to sign my new lease and do a walk-through on my apartment. The new owners had attempted to contact my neighbor through several occassions and she never responded.. even when I went next door to ask her trifling man if he could pass the message on to her.. no call.. no nothing. I knew she had seen the notice regarding the sale, because she was the one to rip the notice down and leave it in the driveway (did I mention she was trifling too) So it was not a surprise to her at all. While handling my business this weekend, the new owner noticed that she was home and rang her doorbell. After a lengthy conversation (of which I was trying not to appear too nosey - but heck I gotta know) I waited for him to leave and asked her.. "So what do you think of the new owner?" She was very coy in saying.. "Well they are alright, but I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to pay the old owner the rent for September and he just told me to take that as a loss"

Funny Animations @ Youvee.net

You big dummy!! Why on God's green earth would you pay rent to a person who no longer owns the property??? And now you mad huh? Yeah the new owner wants his rent too... ROFL! I swear I shouldn't be laughing at her misery, but if I could just pour out an ounce of my common sense and give it to her - she'd at least be ready to sue the old landlord for her security deposit.. that dumb bunny looked at me amazed when I told her I'm taking him to court because that money belongs to me now...

Funny Animations @ Youvee.net

All I can say is common sense ain't never been common and Sweet Minty Jesus needs to rain down some Hurrican Ike sized good judgement on my trifling neighbor....

3 comments:

A. Red said...

Aint that a bish. You all were being adults and paying your rent and your landlord was ballllllin' of of it. SMH How trifling can you be?!

Raider_wifee said...

Oh he's trifling alright and he's lucky I'm a grown ass woman who won't go to his house and tear dat bish to the ground.. It's not that I don't want to, it's just I'm allergic to jail cells!!

n0days0ff said...

The exact same thing happened to my lil mama.her landlord had been holding on to her rent and not paying the mortgage.motherfucker moved away without saying shit.she had to find out from the light company that the house was in foreclosure