September 5, 2008

Countdown to Paydirt

Yes folks.. it's finally that time of season where the pigskin flies and helmets clash - IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON!!! The season opened last night with a showdown between the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants and the Washington Redskins and the Giants prevailed with a 16-7 score. No surprise here except that Plaxico Burress finally signed his contract for a 11 mil for the next season.. dayum how can I be down?? We in a recession when football players can't get more than 15 mil for the first season.. (yeah that's sarcasm)



Now as many of you know I'm a huge Raider fan and the first game of our season starts Monday September 8, 2008 on our home field against our division rivals Denver Broncos. I won't be going, but I'll be rushing home through the tailgate traffic to sit in front of my 50 inch and enjoy the game. My highlights will be seeing what Darren McFadden (our #1 draft pick) is made of when it counts. I already know Justin Fargas is going to do his job. That boy stay hungry for a few more feet of field. Watching the Jamarcus Russell/Zack Miller connection will be nice too, but I'm worried about when you focus so much on a running game, the passing game is left out to pasture. I expect to see the ball on the ground more this season. DLine has been okay - definitely not as impressive as they were last year... even through a losing season. This should be a very close game (as it usually is with our division rival) but I expect to be victorious Monday night!!

3 comments:

A. Red said...

I'm not a sports fan so I really can't speak on it...but that pic had me ROFL! LMAO

Anonymous said...

*bows* Thank you verry muuuch!

Tonight's the night.. Oakland is going dumb.. straight 18 dummy on the yellow school bus!!

Eb the Celeb said...

yup... I'm a raider hater...

you guys did make a lot of good choices during the offseason but they wont be enough... I do feel like by the year 2010 though... you might have enough ammo to make the play-offs...lol