September 22, 2008

Mr Wifee needs to "Wife" Wifee

From the request of N0daysoff.. I'm forced (just kidding) to give you more info on "Mr Wifee" - by the way he hates this name - so I'm going to update it and call him by his almost legal name "Krazy Kwame" The name fits him to a tee.. he's what I would consider my modern day caveman.. don't give him nothing to fix.. he'll just smash it and buy another.. but he always seems to have patience for his "kids".. and me of course.. you can't think it's easy to deal with me on a day to day, but he does and I gotta give hime props for that.

Krazy Kwame or KK as we'll soon call him has been taking his sweet time with getting my ring to me on bended knee. There are a few reasons why.. here's the jist of it in a nutshell:

  • He has three children by two previous relationship (one marriage) and all are almost grown - the eldest being 19.
  • Speaking of the "marriage" it was less than a year and done as one of those "I know we're too young, but let's get hitched anyway.. *smh*
  • He got drunk before the wedding... ain't that a sign that you shouldn't be doing that mess?
  • With this recession most of us are living paycheck to paycheck - savings is a thing for the rich folk
  • His only brother finally married his "common law" wife after 32 years and then tried to kill her.. no seriously folks - I think this is the biggest fear he has.. not that he would do me bodily harm, but men are so stubborn about expressing their emotions and dude just snapped.

So with these things on his mind, it's hard to say when Wifee will actually be wifed. I know he loves me without a doubt.. I know he would bend hell in half to rescue me.. I know he would drink a Red Bull and sprout wings for me if he had too.. but this waiting is getting to me. We've had serious conversations, "not-so" serious conversations and everything in between. He still won't give me a definite date or an answer as to when he's going to pop the question. It's not even a question of "will he.." but more of a "when will he?" And what's making me even more anxious is the fact that my very best friend of 30 something years is finally getting married in the Domincan Republic next year after 5 years of dating. Isn't that the magic number? I mean how long should a dilligent faithful sista wait before she's proposed too? I'm not jealous about her pending nuptials.. I just always assumed that I would be the one to hop the broom first. On top of that.. I'm the eldest of 3 younger siblings... all have been hitched with the exception of one (and now even she can get married in the state of California)

So when in the hell is Wifee going to get her trip down the aisle? Advice readers???

10 comments:

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Girl hang in there. If you know its not a matter of if but when. I feel your pain because it took the husband of one of my friends a minute to ask her and she was ag the last six months of waiting. She said I realize that in a few years when we have been married and whatevr this won't even matter but I still need him to get up off his azz!!

I'm lighting a candle for you right now!

-OG

Sane said...

R-Dubb, how long have you been with him?

n0days0ff said...

Did you see that episode of all of us where lisaraye proposed to will smith? Lol I'm just kidding like jason....unless you gonna do it.me and lil mama are getting hitched damn near out of necessity lol.basically until we married icant be over there sleeping and hunching on her.obviously if I'm not there a lot tgat means no hunching,no nightly meals,I have to take care of two sets of bills,I can only talk/see her when she has a spare minute from the kids (almost never) plus I do love her annoying fucking ass so its no problem.but as they say,necessity is the mother of invention

Raider_wifee said...

@ Sane - we've been together 6 years (anniversary was August) I think I've waited long enough.. besides who in this day and time at my age still calls someone a "boyfriend" ugh!!

@ N0days.. *smh* That's a hot mess.. necessity? LOL - just cause you can't spoon?? ROFL!! You know you have more issues than Jet magazine right?!!

crys said...

"And what's making me even more anxious is the fact that my very best friend of 30 something years is finally getting married in the Domincan Republic next year after 5 years of dating."

man i JUST GOT BACK from a random wedding in the DR - random because i didn't know the people getting married or the wedding folks - i said they are going to be looking at their wedding pictures like 'wait - WHO was this chick again' lmao!!

i'd be HAPPY to attend your friends wedding - just send me the travel details - LOL! i think that might be my next hustle - random destination weddings. and i bet you think i'm JOKING and i'm NOT!

no - but on a serious tip - i say just chill out with KK, especially since it's not a matter of IF but when. as long as you know it's coming sooner or later - stop thinking about it, stop talking about - just completely CHILL. smoke something every time you think of it - and RELAX.

then you'll be genuinely surprised and happy when it does come :-)

TERENCE said...

As long as he`s being a real man and loving you that`s the first step. Not out in the streets acting a fool but handling his business speaks volumes. As long as it`s a matter of when, rather than a matter of if, then you`re ahead of the game.

With you two having been together 6years I kind of sense that the proposal may be much sooner than you may think. Again, at least he`s handling his business.

Raider_wifee said...

@ Crys.. I'm trying to get my bikini.. uh one piece bathing suit body in shape now!! I'll be in the DR with a drink in both hands!

@ Terrence - as usual you speak the truth.. and yes he is taking care of all of those things.. I'll be patient ya'll.. but this ain't gonna be easy.. I may need a double supply of THC for this wait!

n0days0ff said...

Aint that what marriage is,hunching and paying bills? I'm paying bills THEREFORE....

Sane said...

*side eye* @ Nodaysoff....nigga, no, ok? That's not all it is, hunchin' and payin' bills.....it's actually "no days off", hunchin' and payin' bills. LOL!!!!

Raider_wifee said...

*FTFO* Thank you Sane!!! LOL