September 10, 2008

Music makes the Wifee's World go round...

My musical taste include the old school hip/hop, r&b and neo soul, but I can enjoy almost any genre of music from country, gospel, rock and even a little of that new hip/hop (not much though) but my daughter's taste in music is interesting (for lack of a better word) Yesterday as we are discussing our day, she makes mention of the VMA awards (for a complete recap - check out The Red Report) and the fact that the Jonas Brothers performance was the best. Uhhh you mean the little squeaky voiced virgins who couldn't hold a note? (Note: I am in no circumstances making fun of virgins) I just had to ask her.. what's the appeal? I mean back in my day I had New Edition *hums Candy Girl* and we had Duran Duran (YES.. me likey) I even tolerated Color Me Badd with that infectious tune. But the Jonas brothers screams 2008 NKTOB without the ability to carry a tune live. My daughter looked at me in utter horror as if I had shot her puppy and tried several times to convince me of their "talent". It's funny when it's somebody she likes.. they have "talent" but when she doesn't like them (anymore) *waves at Bow Wow* She sees them as a waste of human space.


Well I'm not convinced and I even tried to listen to the video above and catch some semblance of a song that I might enjoy and unfortunately... they have not only failed via a live performance, but they have also failed at my pocket book too. I wouldn't spend a red cent on this crap! They sound like Maroon 5 fetuses (and I like Maroon 5) but the screaching just doesn't stop.. and what in the world is up with the Top Flight Security guard in the video?? He had parts and all.. kind of like a low budget P Diddles.. nope I'm not buying this and want to hear what you think?

2 comments:

belle said...

this is why i dont discuss music with princess "teen nick"...
i learned my lesson during the week of high school musical (yes week)and the consequential loading of the soundtrack on the ipod.....youre lucky you made it out of the conversation alive :)

Raider_wifee said...

Lawd.. I should have known. Why can't she just like Chris Brown like every other teenager? Jonas Bros?? Really though...