September 3, 2008

And the truth shall set you free..

Sometimes being a parent you have days where you want to ring your child's neck and other days where they remind you that you are doing the right thing. Children crave discipline - it's why they show out and act a fool half the time... if there's no one there to tell them no or this is wrong.. they have no clue. My girl is not a bad girl.. I've seen some of the hoochies that she's gone to school with. I know about the girls being caught in the boys restroom giving up the goodies to the sweaty undertalented boys. Sometimes when you least expect it - they confirm that you are right and that lying isn't necessary.

As I'm getting ready this morning the heavens opened up and shined down on me, because out of the blue the girl looks at me and says... "Jose goes to Y.E.S"

*whoa where did this come from???*

Funny Animations @ Youvee.net



It dawned on her that I really do have her best interest at heart and I'm not being mean for the sake of meanness... I want to see my daughter graduate college and move on to a rewarding career and get married and have grandkids for me.. but I don't want to be made a grandmother at age *cough30somethingcough*

But she still ain't getting that cell phone back anytime soon.. what do you think?

3 comments:

A. Red said...

I say give her another chance. I think she learned her lesson, but if she does it again, then take it indefinitely because it will be written in stone that she just doesn't wanna listen. All kids have to try their parents to see exactly what they can and can't get away with.

MissOMyGoodnezz said...

I say its time to give the phone back. She did a good thing by fessing up because I know if it were me....chile' I would have told you Jose moved to Afghanistan and is hosting a camel back world tour to feed his family. As far as you would know, Jose was lost forever lol

Anonymous said...

^^DEAD^^

*handing over phone to the teenager based upon this comment alone*