October 16, 2008

Got me working day & night

Hey all.. I didn't mean to leave without an explanation, but things have been so busy at work and at home that I forgot to mention a very huge milestone (well at least for me) in the fact that I was asked to guest blog over at Watch Your Setup and have been busy trying to make sure that I'm able to fill both obligations. In doing so, I've literally been stressing myself in thinking "What am I going to write about today?" type mess and being suddenly piled with someone else's work has taken it's toll, but never fear Raider_wifee is here! My household has agreed to spare me a few waking moments to share with ya'll more about me.

Today's topic is my job.. now normally I have a fabulous working relationship with most people there, but I'm also the type person who may appear sweet as Georgia peach pie, but will get real gangsta (WESSSIIIDE) and ack a fool.. I try to keep myself from acking a fool (no there's no typo - I said ack) and try and calm situations like most adults would do... but there's something to be said about the black woman in a working relationship.. just some things you just DON'T DO! No matter how well you think you know her or how well you might like her.. she is and will always be a sista.

*said with clenched teeth* The past couple of days have been a prime example and some of my blogging friends have witnessed a pure brawling style sense of urgency to the message I was trying to convey.

Now normally when someone has an issue at the job, I'm the first one with encouraging words and a kind heart.. and I notice that some people will take that for granted, but this situation entails a person who had a personal vendetta out for me..

Let's get some fictitious names to this group so that the innocent and guilty can remain so.. yeah okay here's the list of today's cast:

Me: Me (of course)
Friend: Becky
Trippin Crazy Bish: Suzy
Sales Rep 1: Troy
Sales Rep 2: Amy
Email Guy: Quan
Bossman: Dude

So as I'm receiving an email from Troy.. I notice it's addressed to Quan and he's out of the office because his grandma is sick so I ask Suzy who's in his department as to whom I should address questions to since he's out of the office.. well dis bish tells me nobody..

and I pause....

And I say "Wellll okie dokie thennnn.. thanks!"

and hang up. Next day I get a new email from Amy and she sends something to Quan as well.. well this time I'm on the ball and I tell Amy that per Suzy - Quan is out of the office and no one is covering his desk... riiiight.. you still with me? I see you scrolling back up to try and keep up with the story LMAO!

So Amy ain't that naive and she is fed up.. so she sends an email to Dude (unbeknownst to me) and Dude calls Suzy and gives her the bizness..

Next thing I know I send a whole new email (apart from anything) to Suzy asking for some help and this heffa.. yeah this heffa has the nerve to tell me *to my face* (in a yt snotty tone) "You should have known where to find the information in the first place.. hmph"

WHOOOOOLE UP!!!

Slow ya roll mommy.. back up ya stride and let it glide.. don't step too quick cause this sh*ts thick..


Who you talking too? *now every syllable is enunciated* First off.. I did exactly what I was trained to do when searching for these issues and I came to you for help, but I see that's an issue, but thank you anyway for your assistance...

And then she says it... "Well that's not what I'm mad about in the first place.." AND SLAMS THE DOOR ON HER WAY OUT..


I swear fo God ya'll I came out that door and had to literally be restrained from my feet coming lose, my earings coming off, my vaseline on my face, and sweat pants on and ready...

SAY SOMMIN ELSE?!! SAY SUMMTINNN!! I DARE YA....


(just keep a little bail money on ya for a sista girl)

2 comments:

A. Red said...

*waves at Suzy* HI HATER! The good thing at my job is I don't have any co-workers I dislike per se, but they can be EXTREMELY annoying at times. Keep you head up honey!

n0days0ff said...

I know exactly what you are talking about.there is this one lady who gets on myLAST nerve at my job.any little way she can catch you slipping she will put you on blast.let you be 5 min late and she will def have something slick to say