October 3, 2008

Friday Flashback #3

Keeping in line with my promise to keep this rolling until the VH1 Hip Honors, here are some more flashbacks that have been honored in the past.

*side note*

Has anyone been catching the Top 100 Hip Hop Songs countdown? Okay what is the deal with naming Planet Rock at like number 30 something?? I mean hands down this was the song that started a whole generation of "rappers" and hip hop itself. How does that get left out of the top 10? A few other's I was disappointed to see such low ratings for.. My Philosophy (BDP) hands down had to be one of THE best raps ever put together.. same thing with Rakim - this hands down has to be one of the greatest lyrics I've ever heard:

I take 7 MC's put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it'll take 7 more before I go for mine
And that's 21 MC's ate up at the same time

I mean this nucca rapped, added, multiplied and rhymed all at the same time.. how can that not be considered number one? But I digress.. here are my flashbacks!



So what if I'm a microphone fiend addicted soon as I sing - My Melody



And this one I just added because I heard it this morning.. classic banger "Couldn't get your hair done.. Now you're unhappy cause your head all nappy" ROFL!!

No comments: