December 2, 2008

Where there's smoke...

I was recently conversating with my boyfriend this past weekend and we happened to start talking about past events in our lifes we wished could have happened differently. Events we now look upon with side splitting laughter because who would have thunk we would be so dumb to do them in the first place. You know how I say common sense is not common? Well I wasn't always this insightful nor wise...

I can recall a time in my life around high school where I just knew I was grown and in charge. I must have been in the 10th grade and my best friend at the time thought that we should take up smoking cigarettes...
Funny Pics / smoking monkey

*note* This post in no way condones smoking of minors - keep reading and you'll see why...*end note*

So we planned a day to ditch school after my friend's mother left for work and went shopping and mulling around town. We ended up at her house and somehow I had lost the lighter we used earlier to light our cigs.. I'm thinking damn.. now we can't smoke and I wanted a cig bad too. My friend has the bright idea to light our cigs on the stove - hell it's fire.. so I'm in a hurry and go first.

I put the cigarette in my mouth and bend down to the gas stove and light the pilot...

SWOOOOOOSH

was all I heard and the next thing I know I smell burned hair....

My friend jumps up and falls on the floor writhing in laughter as she barely spits out that my eyebrows and eyelashes are gone...



I run to the bathroom and there it was in plain view....



Now I look like Whoopi going to my junior prom... *smh*

For the record my eyelashes and eyebrows have grown back.. but it also taught me a valuable lesson... yeah I still smoke, but now I light the pilot first and my head stays away from the flame at all times!




Funny Pics / Flame Success

3 comments:

Pigskin Loving Lady said...

SPEWED MY WATER FROM LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!

crys said...

GIRL - WTF happened to whoopi's eyebrows and eyelashes?!?!?!?

i'm going to HAVE to google that - LOL

n0days0ff said...

I almost burned my face off once lighting a gas stove. I know how traumatized you must have felt