August 28, 2008

If I'm paying the bill...

Well here we are.. post number deaux! I couldn't just leave ya'll hanging until tomorrow in so much supsense as to what is going on with my daughter... so I came back to put up one more for today. She had been begging me for the past three years for her very own cellphone to the point where I even made it a school project. I had her write me a report on the pros of a cell phone for a teenager. Her pros were really convincing I must say.. she knew how hard it was to use the school phone when she needed to reach me and her friends were never very reliable for use of their phones. After much thought, I had to deny her request at age 13.. I just think it's too young.. even when I see her friends having phones since age 8 (I ain't they momma) so when she turned 14 in March - I decided now is the time to get the phone.

I'm not the type of parent to be fooled easily so the phone came with a lengthy contract.. not the Sprint or Verizon contract... Noooooo.. a MOMMA contract. I made sure it had provisions for her cell phone usage.. you know the usual do's and dont's like no boys are to call and answer my phone calls. I even made sure that I placed a clause in it that read:

"I am aware that this is a privilege that can be revoked at anytime for not following the terms of the agreement. I am also aware that my mother will and can monitor the phone for any reason to make sure above guidelines are being followed. "

*I should have been a lawyer.. lol*

So this brings me to present day.. last night as a matter of fact. My daughter had been told to go to bed (9:30 lights out damnit) so when I come up the stairs I notice that the lights are still on.. I make my usual "my momma's crazy yell" TURN OFF DEM DAMN LIGHTS!! I see the light immediately flick off as if we were in blackout.. but my mommie senses told me I wasn't done for the night.. something made me turn around and go in her room and as I did... the f'ing light from the phone was shining like a Glo Worm in the night. I told her to "Gimme the phone" and as I reached my room I tried to turn it on.. no power.. damn.. now I've got to go back.. "Gimme the damn charger" and return to my room to plug it up.



Well I'll be damned.. there's a lock on the phone so I can't access it... Oh HEEEELLL NAW... I return to her room and in a really mad voice say "Gimme the gotdayum code.. who you trying to play?" Needless to say there will be a conversation tonight about all of the boys names listed in the phone and the 7am "wake up" call from Kenneth - WTF? Shouldn't your ass be on your way to school instead of calling this girl at an ungodly hour???

Someone's in trouble.. trouble....TROUBLE!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm my poor niece. I do remember those days. And you keep asking why I don't have kids yet! Hmp!

I'm with you on that. She is a good girl and has a good head on her shoulders (maybe because she knew her momma would knock it off otherwise). Keep being the Momma you are, I'm so proud of you and happy you didn't follow the footsteps of others.

A. Red said...

That's what I'm talking about. Stay on this kids tails like the Secret Service stay on the President. And tell little Kenny to take his ass to school and run some laps if he's going to be up at 7 am on the phone whispering sweet nothings with morning breathe. SMH Loving the blog honey!

Anonymous said...

Lil Kenny don't want none.. girl I would go straight WWE on his ass with a "mother's" elbow! Don't play!!

Thanks for stopping by!! *waves at Kita & Red*

Anonymous said...

LOL. Damn, as a youth, I'd like to say you got her on a tight leash (DON'T BITE MEH), but you're doing the parenting well, Girl. SIDE NOTE: 9:30 ?! Owee.

*reminded of the years she used to talk on the phone at 3 am and momma would come in with the "TURN OFF DEM DAMN LIGHTS!!"*

SIDE NOTE 2: CONGRATS ON 3 POSTS !!! YAY ! *pours out the henny to celebrate and does not serve any to the minors*

Sane said...

Wait, wait, WAIT! Wake up call from KENNETH!? LOL!!!!
OMG, I woulda been so blatant with my line of questioning! I'm mad at Kenneth and I don't even know him.