August 28, 2008

Drive-by Parenting 101

Oooh my first post on my very own blog... Yippee.. *looks around the room and hears crickets* Oh well even if I only get one person to read this a day will be enough for me to keep it going. My first topic will be my only child - my 14 year old daughter who has thus far been a pretty good kid. It's imperative as parents that we stay on top of our children and what they are doing (shout out to Nodays and A. Red) and so this prompted me to do a little snooping of my own. When I ran across her diary one day as it was laying out on her dresser, I looked like "Hey what's this" and before I could get the "this" out.. she ran around and snatched the book like it was Chris Brown at a Sweet 16 party. So this peaked my curiousity because whatever was in that book she was NOT trying to let me see it. Now I normally don't condone snooping on your children - UNTIL I had a teenager... WTF is in the book?? Well it took me about a week to work up the nerve (I don't know why.. I'm one of the nosiest people I've ever met) to go and locate the mysterious book again.. well needless to say it had been moved so now the search began. Through the tumultuous crap she calls her "stuff" I searched and finally found the diary.

As I read the first couple of pages through all the curse words (that girl's gonna be a sailor) and mis-spelled words (This is why kids need to have they ass in school) I found out that my daughter had kissed another boy. My first reaction was I should just rip her lips right off her face.. how you gonna cry with snot bubbles and ugly facials about your first day of school, but then turn around and think you old enough to kiss?? Hell that girl still plays with Barbies and watches the Disney channel.. (I detest the Jonas Bros - and mad I even know who they are) but the kissing really put me off guard. Then I read it.. there in plain view:

Daughter: I'm bad.. but I'm not that bad. I hope he knows that I'm not ready for sex yet and don't understand why he is.

*wipes sweat off brow and gives a woooo saw of relief*

Thank Sweet Minty Jesus (Hey IPS) and a bottle of birth control pills my baby is still that.. my baby.. a virgin and not ready yet.. and above all that she has the common sense to know she's not ready to be bullied into something. She's head strong and she gets it honestly.. my fear is that I remember what I was doing at 14 and now I've got the bubble guts all over again.

damn... Damn... DAAAAMMMNNN TEENAGERS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure when and if she reads this post , she will not be pleased ...

Anonymous said...

^ I did not just spell my name wrong up on that last comment ! Fail :(

Anonymous said...

Yeah well when she gets her own job and place to stay I'm sure I'll be ready to hear all about how she ain't pleased.. LOL!! Just trying to keep her safe.... and a virgin!

Sane said...

Hey Raider-Wifee! I must say, I'm SO glad you read your daughter's diary. Like you, I'm a parent too but my son is far from a teenager.

I completely remember how I was at 14, even though in my parents eyes I was a good kid. I understand now the need for snoopin'. Love to have you in the blog fam! Keep up the good work!